|Location:||Madison, WI||Category:||Administrative Positions
We are recruiting a front office clerk for a client in Madison.
The Member Service Clerk provides telephone and other clerical support to Member Benefits staff and departments. The incumbent is responsible for answering and directing telephone calls from member participants and/or potential member participants and vendors, scanning and classifying incoming mail and assigning it to the appropriate policy and workflow, and ensuring the clerical accuracy and completeness of various member communications and other mailings. Dependability, accuracy, and timeliness are very important and must be routinely delivered without significant ongoing supervision or technical assistance.
60% – General Clerical Support:
• Attend to the front desk by greeting visitors, accepting packages, and notifying the pertinent staff of such events.
• Answer and direct incoming phone calls, entering and updating member and other appropriate information into the Property & Casualty (P&C) policy administration system, the Retirement and Investment Services (RIS) administration system, and customer service management systems when applicable.
• Retrieve, scan, classify, and distribute incoming mail.
• Retrieve and route fax communications.
• Review Member Benefits general inbox and route e-mails to appropriate staff.
• Prepare outgoing mail.
• Imaging and electronically filing documents into the appropriate folders.
• Produce and distribute reports.
• Assist administrative staff with keeping accurate stock of inventory and ordering company supplies.
• Maintain procedural records for all assigned duties as appropriate.
• Complete special projects and assignments compatible with the skills and the experience presumed for incumbents in this position.
20% – Insurance Services Support:
• Sort information systems generated daily business reports and prepare renewals, endorsements, letters, and new policies for mailing.
• Utilize the P&C policy administration system to reference policy information, respond to customer inquiries, and input underwriting information.
• Follow-up with policy workflows including new business, applications, endorsements, and CORE (customer online relationship experience system).
• Assist with requests from legal entities such as lienholders and mortgagees by providing them with policy information and/or documentation.
20% – Retirement & Investment Services (RIS) Support:
• Mail contract summary and Individual Retirement Account (IRA) enrollment confirmations.
• Prepare and mail IRA enrollment booklets, forms, promotional and other informational materials as needed.
• Review RIS e-mail and fax inboxes and route to appropriate staff.
• Review and process member account information, including beneficiary designations, name and address changes, and telephone and Web access authorization by:
o Contacting participant via telephone to confirm, request, or provide information.
o Determining all affected plans and products and enter changes in the online system.
o Requesting appropriate forms or documentation.
o Referring more complex issues to appropriate staff for review and resolution.
• Route questions or requests from prospective and current participants and employers to the appropriate RIS employee.
• Research correct addresses for returned mail through the Internet, directories, past correspondence, or by requesting reports; resend information; and update systems as necessary.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 7 months to 1 year of prior administrative or office experience.
• Knowledge of and experience utilizing word processing and calendaring and e-mail applications (Microsoft Outlook and Word preferred).
• Knowledge of proper telephone etiquette.
• Ability to efficiently and effectively navigate between different computer programs to document complete and appropriate information into the online systems while speaking on the telephone.
• Ability to quickly and accurately enter data into a personal computer or similar equipment.
• Verbal communication skills, including ability to verbally convey routine information in a clear and concise manner, listening effectively, and responding appropriately.
• Ability to accurately perform basic math calculations and file information alphabetically.
• Ability to work as a constructive member of a team, sharing technical expertise as needed.
• Ability to be composed and adaptive in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused work environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple competing priorities
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Experience utilizing Vision/Stingray (P&C policy administration system), Newport Group/AWD (RIS administration and workflow systems), Image Silo (online imaging and electronic document flow system), CORE; and Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.