|Location:||Madison, WI||Category:||Legal Positions
Our Madison-area client is looking for a motivated paralegal to join their large, bustling team. This paralegal will be responsible for a large amount of work in a fast-paced environment and should be able to hit the ground running.
– Prepare, file, and serve all pleadings and other court documents in litigation
– Review pleadings and other documents filed by opposing counsel and other parties in litigation
– Prepare and coordinate discovery requests and responses
– Schedule depositions, meditations, expert witness testimony, etc.
– Keep managing attorney(s) informed of all developments and actions taken in a case
– Manage and coordinate schedule and deadlines for all cases assigned to managing attorney
– Maintain positive relations with clients through regular communication
– Proof read documents and letters
– Bachelor or Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies or a Paralegal Certificate preferred
– 3-5+ years of experience in personal injury, insurance defense litigation, medical malpractice, and/or workers’ compensation (personal injury preferred)
– Must be familiar with gathering and summarizing medical records
– Superior customer service skills
– Problem resolution and analytical skills
– Ability to work independently
– Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced/dynamic environment
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Strong organizational and time management skills
– Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Word
– High level of professionalism and confidentiality
This firm is top-rated and offered and offers a large benefits package.