|Type:||Temp-To-Hire or Direct HireTemporary|
|Location:||Madison, WI, USA||Category:||Administrative Positions
This Madison-based construction management company is looking for an Office Coordinator. The Office Coordinator undertakes all receptionist and clerical duties and provides support to the Madison office and the Madison-based project construction teams. The Office Coordinator interacts daily with a variety of internal and external audiences, and will serve as the “face” of the company for all visitors. This position is based full-time in the Madison office, however at times may need to attend meetings, training, or other activities at the Main Office in Milwaukee, or travel to jobsites around the area.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
General Office Support
• Greet and welcome guests, answer phones and maintain reception log.
• File, scan, copy, collate and assemble documents.
• Manage UPS, courier services, including incoming and outgoing mail, and weekly delivery to the Main Office.
• Manage printer and copier reporting and repairs.
• Liaison between the company, building owner and manager.
• Run errands (post office, office supplies, job site needs, grocery store).
• Prepare correspondence and mailings.
• Maintain and update Deltek database and Outlook contacts.
• Coordinate internal and external meetings, including scheduling, calendaring, ordering refreshments, arrange IT needs, PowerPoint presentations, conference room booking and set-up/clean-up.
• Monitor and stock office supplies, and place orders when necessary.
• Stock, clean, and maintain organization of the kitchen and storage (monthly refrigerator clean, daily dishes).
• Keep office professional looking by decluttering, addressing furniture needs, responding to housekeeping issues of internal clients, displaying awards and recognitions, coordination of 5S and other Lean initiatives.
• Coordinate Monday Morning Meetings and Biweekly Staff Meetings, and facilitate vendor presentations and subcontractor keep in touch lunches.
Project Management Duties
• Download and print architectural plans, distribute and file accordingly.
• Input front ends, specifications, project manuals, bid packages.
• Assemble monthly progress books, budget books, or other client materials.
• Type subcontracts, purchase orders, change orders, and meeting minutes as directed by project managers into Viewpoint or other system(s).
• Request lien waiver documents, reconciliation forms, prequalifications, COI’s, or other documents as needed from subcontractors.
• Prepare Invitations to Bid, upload plans and specs, track bid packages, contact subs and update bidders’ list in ISqFt.
• Stamp and distribute submittals.
• Assist in the preparation of closeout manuals and gather info from subcontractors.
• Coordinate all aspects of archiving of completed projects, including working with Milwaukee to arrange proper delivery of records.
• Work as liaison between Madison project teams and Milwaukee corporate departments such as Risk Management, Accounting, IT, Payroll, and HR.
Executive Assistant Support (Vice President, Operations Executive, and Director Client Strategies)
• Schedule meetings with internal and external audiences, including volunteer board activities required by the company.
• Type agendas, letters, forms and documents, as needed.
• Assist with monthly Park Bank Statements and as needed expense reports.
• Coordinate conference and trade show attendance and schedule travel arrangements.
• Schedule breakfast and/or lunch meetings.
• Organize team activities, project milestone celebrations, and employee engagement events.
• Assist with the coordination of quarterly Madison Advisory Board Meetings.
Essential skills and experience:
• Above average proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Above average keyboarding speed and accuracy.
• Associate degree in business or related field, or 2 to 5 years administrative/executive support experience.
• Construction knowledge or experience preferred.
• Customer-oriented approach.
• Strong communication and people skills.
• Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, with minimal direction and supervision.